RapidTrace 700 LAN Tester / Wiremap Tester & Cable Fault Locator
Compact, Powerful and Easy to use. This high performance low cost LAN Tester / Wiremap Tester and Cable Fault Locator is the perfect tool to enable you to test and certify structured cabling continuity to TIA568A/B, USOC and ISDN standards.
- The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester Identifies all common faults on wiring schemes installed to TIA568A/B USOC and ISDN standards including open circuit wires, shorted pairs, shorts between pairs, crossed pairs, split pairs, pair reversals and shield /screen continuity.
- Prior to checking an installed wiring network, the RapidTrace 700 LAN Tester will alert the operator if any telephone services are active on the cable under test and can test for, and indicate any other active services (10Mb/s, 100Mb/s, Token Ring, etc), in order to prevent accidental testing of a live network.
- The RapidTrace 700 Cable Fault Locator will store up to 1000 test results which can be viewed or be downloaded to a PC via the RapidTrace software provided.
- Test results can then be customized with you corporate identity and certificates produced displaying the customer's location/job, length, cable VP and testing standard.
- The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator displays on screen wiring configurations showing the length of all 4 pairs and length of pair to fault up to 150m (500ft).
- In addition, a built in tone generator (oscillator) transmits a warble tone into the cable enabling detection and tracing using a standard probe.
- The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator comes complete with one intelligent remote identifier with a further 15 units available as optional accessories. Unlike far end units on competitor products the RapidTrace 700's remotes are intelligent and indicate if the test has passed or failed.
Identify network wiring faults and wire-map errors
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator identifies all common faults on wiring schemes installed to TIA568 A/B, USOC and ISDN standards, including:
- Open Circuits Wires
- Shorted Pairs
- Shorts Between Pairs
- Crossed Pairs
- Split Pairs
- Pair Reversals
- Shield/Screen Continuity.
EDT End Discrimination Technology indicates the location of faults
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator incorporates a unique function called EDT End Discrimination Technology. This indicates which end of the installed link or patch lead contains certain faults, In order to reduce the time taken to locate and repair the fault, and therefore provides significant installation cost savings.
Telephone voltage alerts to prevent accidental operation
Prior to checking an installed wiring network, the RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator will alert the operator if any telephone services are active on the cable under test. This prevents damage to the product or network that can be caused by the accidental testing of a live circuit.
Checks for presence of service on the network wiring
The RapidTrace Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator can test for, and indicate, the presence of active services (10Mb/s, 100Mb/s+, Token Ring, etc), on the network. This prevents the accidental testing of an active LAN and eliminates the associated risk of network corruption.
Link or cable length test
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator measures the length of cable or link under test to ensure that it is in compliance with the appropriate standards.
Tone generation for cable tracing and identification
With a built in tone generator, injecting an oscillating signal between 810Hz and 1110Hz onto the cable under test, the operator can trace the cable using a standard tone probe. This function removes the need for a separate toner during cable tracing, which is both more convenient and cost effective.
Remote Responders indicate pass and fail at the far end
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator comes complete with one remote office identifier, with a further 15 units available as optional accessories. Unlike far end units on competitor products the RapidTrace's remotes are active and indicate to the remote operator when a test has been completed and the pass/fail status.
15 additional remote office identifiers available
Utilising the additional remote office identifiers, the RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator can test and identify up to 16 network links from the patch panel enabling the circuits to be connected to the appropriate server and hub ports.
Tests wiring schemes installed to TIA568A/B, USOC and ISDN standards
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester / Cable Fault Locator is able to test horizontal wiring schemes installed in accordance with TIA568A/B, USOC and ISDN standards removing the necessity for separate voice and data wiring test instruments.
Supplied complete with two RJ45 mini patch leads
The RapidTrace 700 Wiremap Tester is supplied complete with mini patch leads to enable the testing of the installed horizontal cabling via the RJ45 socket. These test leads use high quality shielded connectors to ensure reliability of results even after several thousand insertions.
Battery capacity indication upon power up
When the RapidTrace 700 Cable Fault Locator is switched on it automatically displays the percentage battery capacity remaining. This enables the operator to ensure sufficient battery life is available before embarking on a days testing.
- Cable Types UTP STP FTP SSTP
- Length Measurement 0 - 150m or 500ft
- Faults Indicated Short Circuit Pair, Open Circuit Wire, Short Between Pairs, Split / Cross Pairs, Pair Reversals
- Fault Display All Fault and setting info displayed graphically and textually, Shield Continuity
- Fault Location Near or Remote End or distance if midway
- Wiring Schemes TIA568A/B, USOC & ISDN
- Service Indication Telephone, 10BaseT, 100Mbit+, Token Ring
- Voltage Warning Warns off TNV (Telecom Network Voltage
- Tone Generator Oscillating 810 / 1110Hz
- Languages English (UK USA) German, French Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
- Battery Life Indication (Gas Gauge) Bar Graph
- Main Unit Display 128x64 graphical LCD
- Remote Unit Display Green/Red LED
- Power supply 4x1.5 AA alkaline Battery
- Battery Life Standby 4000hrs Continuous testing> 7.5 hrs
- Operating Temp. 0 to 40 deg. C
- Storage Temp -20 to 70 deg. C
- Weight 350gms (12oz)
- Dimensions 165 x 90 x 37mm
- Safety IEC61010-1
- CE: Compliant with Current EU Directives
- Burst: EN61000-4-4
- EMC: EN50081 / 50082
- Conducted RF: EN61000-4-6
- ESD: EN61000-4-2
- EM: EN61000-4-3